5 Introvert Personality Traits That Make You Powerful
Are you an introvert? Maybe you know for a fact that you are or maybe you want to learn more to figure out if you are an introvert. In most cases, as an introvert, you may feel that you are dominated by extroverts and it seems like the world prefers extroverts.
Really, it takes introverts and extroverts to make this world great.
Let’s look at some introvert personality traits that make you more powerful than you may realize.
What is an introvert?
Before we discuss the powerful introvert personality traits, you may be wondering…what does introvert mean?
Kendra Cherry of Very Well defines introversion the following way…
“Introversion is a personality trait characterized by a focus on internal feelings rather than on external sources of stimulation. While introverts and extroverts are often viewed in terms of two extreme opposites, the truth is that most people lie somewhere in the middle of the extroversion-introversion continuum.” (www.verywell.com)
There is no need to put yourself down for being an introvert.
In society, you may be pushed to be more extroverted or outgoing. You may hear that you don’t talk enough or you are just too quiet. You may find it difficult to have conversations with some people or you may end up in a one sided conversation where you can’t get a word in.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Well, you are not alone.
Recently, I read (okay, haven’t quite finished it yet) a book called Quiet by Susan Cain. It is an interesting book that dives deep into the world of introverts and why they do the things that they do.
If you have not read it and want to have a deeper understanding of introverts and yourself (which I’m sure you do), you can get the book here.
5 Powerful introvert personality traits
Often, introverts only hear the negative side of their personalities…the quietness, the shyness. But now we will cover some of the powerful introvert personality traits and characteristics that make you great.
- Being Quiet – This is not a bad quality. The world around you may be filled with noise, but your quietness allows you to dig deeper into the meaning of the noise surrounding you. And sometimes you can block it out all together to focus on something you value. By being silent, it allows you to be a good listener. It allows you to focus in on details that others may miss.
- Smart – Though some people may think you are less smart because you are less vocal, in many cases, you are very smart because you take the time to ponder on different things. You take the time to explore information from various angles and this can give you a greater understanding.
- Wise – Along with the way you think about topics, when you speak, people recognize the wisdom in your words. I think the wisdom may come from the amount of time you spent exploring the ideas before or maybe from reading and analyzing the ideas of others to create your own conclusion. And because you speak less, when you do, people are eager to listen.
- Sensitive – You are sensitive to your needs and the needs of others. Being considerate of others can make you highly likeable. Small gestures that show people you notice them and understand how they feel can go a long way.
- Driven – When you set your mind to accomplish something, you stick with it. You are determined whether it is a goal set by others or a self-imposed goal.
Those are the powerful introvert qualities that stand out to me. Do you have some others that you can think of?
You can be proud of your powerful introvert traits. Even in a noisy world, the silent light of the introvert shines through.